Sunday, June 15, 2008

...PHEW...

My friend passed by tonight telling me about his ordeal with a girl he has been going out with. I listened intently and realized how lucky I am not having to deal with these affairs of the heart anymore. It's exhausting and mind boggling the fact of getting hurt or hurting someone is something I'm done with. I can't say that I will not meet anyone or that I choose not to enter a relationship, I just have better things and priorities in life. I am not belittling those who are. I was one of them once upon a time. I guess I just learned my lesson the hard and traumatic way. It doesn't mean that I have not loved again.. in fact I did but the relationship was short lived. Again, it was God's way of giving me what I needed.
I can go and "play" if I wanted to it's actually that easy but it's not something I would do on a regular basis. Again, priorities set in and all these petty things become superficial. I really have to thank my son for keeping me sane and letting me care and mold him into a fine young man.

No comments: