Wednesday, August 06, 2008

...OLYMPIC DREAMS...

Since it was my "rest" day, the tube was on practically the whole day while I was on the net too. CNN was broadcasting snippets of the Olympics. Same same news until the Hong Kong correspondent had breaking news. I have known since 2005 that the Equestrian Events will be held in Hong Kong! Terrific! Only a two hour plane ride away. Yippee! The news was about Hong Kong lashed with strong winds which in turn delayed the horses in transit, and the equestrian centers that will house the horses and teams. Poor babies =(. Which brought me to think that the Paralympics isn't that far away. Running through my mind is would I have made it to the Para Olympics because it's only a 2 hour plane ride? Then of course the expenses and everything else flooded my mind. Nah, with the amount of time I ride I really doubt it. Then again, if I made it my goal, I probably would be there. Which made me immediately check out the PAL website looking for cheap fares. I found a $239 all in (P 10,000++) round trip fare. Hmm... should I go and watch? Checking my planner for Sept 8 to 15. DANG!! It's Luis' Exams! Clicking and closing all the site regarding ticket purchases. Oh well... it does not pay to dream...

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/sports/2008/07/31/riminton.hkong.equestrian.sites.cnn?iref=videosearch



No comments: