Saturday, November 11, 2006

...WOW...

My day started pretty early today according to my standards(hehehe). Had my 6th month dental appointment with Dr. OB. The usual cleaning and all. The usual kwento here and there. Then had the sudden urge for Starbucks Coffee, something to keep me awake actually. Little did I know that it was "Planner Time" already. Oooh, you should have seen the smile on my face. More of a grin with a scheme. Since I was dressed up and all, I figured that I would make use of the driver since my mom is out of town. I made an appointment with my suki parlor for a hot oil treatment which my hair badly needed (stress...hahaha) but I really wanted the massage that comes with it. After I finished, it was just in time to pick up Luis from school. After school, football... and my hanging out in the bullring with T. Marivic and her students and see my baby Jive.
All of a sudden, I get a call from an unlisted number. Normally, I don't answer. I hate unlisted numbers actually. But since my phone didn't stop ringing, I eventually was forced to answer it. It was my cousin/nephew (dang, with such a huge family, i don't know anymore) asking if Luis could join a Soccer Tournament on Sunday all the way in Alabang. I said sure but then gave him the usual Sunday driver dilemma I usually have. Then I realized, wait, I should ask the soccer team where Luis plays if it was ok. You know courtesywise. I'm glad that they said that it would be good exposure for Luis and play against other players other than MSA. Still in awe, I asked Luis how he managed to end up being asked to play for another team. Guess what his answer was. "Momma, I was just playing basketball in the gym and then the older guys asked me if I could join them for soccer. So I said yes."
After talking to my nephew/cousin, he told me that he was impressed with Luis' skills and really wanted Luis to play with them. Naks naman this Luis. It's like he is being pirated for another team. Hahaha. As my cousin put it, "Just make sure that he knows where his loyalty lies" Of course....

No comments: