Sunday, June 18, 2006

...I JUST HAD TO...

Something funny happend in the elevator this afternoon after visiting my dad in the hospital. I don't know why, I just had to write about it. There was a big family of obvious balikbayans on the same floor waiting for the elevator. The kids, many of them, all had the twang. The parents had it too but they spoke filipino to each other. So there I was just minding my own business, watching Luis, patiently waiting for the ride. In the elevator Luis started talking and talking and being as Luis as he can be, telling me his "story". The little girl beside me, nudged her father and tried to whisper "Dad, they speak english too". I wanted to laugh. I really wanted to laugh. It's a good thing the father didnt say anything.
I really wonder what other people think about the Philippines or what these balibayans are teaching thier kids about our country. I bumped into a good friend of mine and told her about my experience. She said that these people think that the Philippines is such a remote country. No read no write type of thing. What the? Oh well.

No comments: