Wednesday, December 07, 2005

MASS & DINNER for Lola Manchi and other events of the DAY
It was back to the PT grind for me. Back to the smiling faces, taps on the shoulder, and "Hello Bets!" for me. One point or another one or two therapists will take a long look at me and tell me that I'm losing weight or gaining, that my hair is longer, or they like my sweatpants, or whatever else... either way, it's a welcoming thought. I mean at least I'm noticed in a discrete way... oh you know what I mean. I usually am early for my sessions only because I enjoy spending time with the therapists. A little chit chat here and there. Finding the latest about those I am close to. Rubbing the tummy of a pregnant one who is about to pop any day now. Finally, the ultimate question "Bets, what are you having for lunch?" or "Did you have lunch na?". Due to cost-cutting circumstances, I only have OT once a week and PT twice. So today it was only PT for me. After climbing 4 flights of stairs, I visited my Lola, still at the ICU, and actually went into her room. She was awake but I couldn't speak. I was just looking at her and massaging her hand...it pains me to see her with those tubes attached to her. That's how I must have looked 6 years ago too. I said a little prayer, squeezed her hand, and talked to the nurse on duty. I noticed too that there were pictures of my nephews and niece posted on the walls, obviously placed by their respective proud lolas.
After which, I had to have my top fitted for Margie's wedding. I hope I can pull it off. Hehehe. I'm proud to say that Mang Ben had to adjust my top because of the weight I lost! Hahahaha! Yeah right! Mang Ben probably thought I ballooned so he just made a big allowance! Hahaha. On my way home, I get a SMS from Lori asking for Luis and I to have merienda at her house because Cathy and Anton were there plus there was turon. Luis and I left by 5:15 pm because we had mass and dinner for Lola Manchi (Maternal Grandmother).
Heard mass in San Antonio with the Araneta clan. Had dinner in Tita Ito's house. FOOD!! Yummy! During dinner I was put in the "hot seat" by my cousins asking me about me "BOY"... what boy? Luis? Hehehe... "No more na =(" is all I could say...

No comments: