Thursday, December 08, 2005

...CHRISTMAS??...
It has been years since I have really enjoyed Christmas. I think the last REAL Christmas I had was way back in '94 or '95 when we spent Christmas in Hillsborough, Ca. with my cousins, titas and titos. It was a FULL HOUSE! It was so much fun and back then we were all SINGLE. In fact I we even made a trip to Magic Mountain, Disneyland and Universal Studios. Carlitos, Lia, Edmond, Patty, Santino, Niccolo, Paolo, Yael, and I. Those were the days... After that, Christmas became so bland and it was more like let's-get-over-the-xmas-season-already-will-you! type of thing. I had just broken up with my boyfriend then but I was ok. The next Xmas and New Years always ended up with either not in good terms with my boyfriend at that present time or cool-off or finally breaking up and finding out that I was pregnant. Also family crisis...my father finds out that he has cancer. This year, I was really hoping that I would finally have that special someone with me, not necessarily literally with me, but the thought of having that special someone was enough. Unfortunately it didn't work out that way, which up to now, I feel sad about.
I know ,I know , Christmas is the time for giving, family gatherings and reunions but I guess that's a given fact. However, this Christmas will not be the same at all. On my maternal side, Tita Chiquita will not be with us. We usually celebrate our Christmas lunches on the 24th because that is Tita Chiquita's birthday too. My cousin Lia and all my other cousins will not be coming home due to budget restraints and all. On my paternal side, my Mama, is still at the ICU and has been in the hospital for almost a month now. Also, my cousins on that side will not be coming home too. So what used to be very very festive Christmas' is down several notches. Yes, I have my friends, my dear friends, but it's different with family and that special loved one. Of course I have to put on my "game" face for my son... what is sad too is that, I cant even get my son what he wants because I ain't got no moolah. Can't even buy presents for others...Isn't that sad?
...OT/PT Grind...
It was the usual actually. I enjoyed my paraffin dip (hands only) and the stretches. Of course talking to my therapists. Our lunch today was 30 pesos only which was Sinigang na Baboy and mounds of rice which I gave to my guy therapists who devour 3 cups! I ended early so that I could visit my lola and was suppose to get my top for Margie's wedding but my mom needed to be back in her office, had to pick up Luis and so on and so forth...better to do it another day..when it isn't so toxic. I think i'm running a fever. My eyes are hot, I feel chilly. Hmm must be this oh-so-HK-weather too! hahaha... oh if only you knew...

No comments: