Thursday, September 08, 2005

Healing....

I remember that this lady who I met during my time of despair who told me that, when we get hurt, there are scars inside and out. I can attest to that. Physically, I have what I call my battle scars. On top of my head that looks like a horseshoe because of my brain operation, below my throat because of my trachea or windpipe, down my emergency C-Section due to fetal distress and astonishingly high blood pressure, and my AFO leg brace. Because of the "cuts" in my body, the supposedly flow of life is disrupted thus applying to my life. However, I firmly believe that all wounds, deep or shallow will heal. Take NOTE. WILL HEAL.
It took me 6 years to choose to HEAL because I realized that there is so much more to life. I have only scratched the surface. Once I realized this, everything fell into place. I opened up what I thought would be a "scared-for-life-heart", remembering the trauma never wanting to fall into that trap again. However, it is true, that once you have learned to open up again, there are countless blessings that will follow.
Again, I trust that God will not give us anything that we cannot handle. What a great time to acknowledge this, on the birthdate of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Mother of us all.

No comments: